Rad Reading – March

This month I read We Were Liars, by E. Lockheart. This book is about a family that lives on a private island during summer. After the main character Cadence has a traumatic brain injury she cannot remember much or how she got hurt in the first place. Throughout the novel she remembers more bits and pieces from her summer when she was 15. As she spends this summer when she is 17 the memories come back to her. When she finally finds out what happened it is the biggest plot twist ever! I loved this book because of the giant plot twist at the end and the love between Gat and Cady. I never saw the twist coming and it was so shocking for me. I also loved this book because I could really prove everything together like a puzzle and I love when I can make predictions. This is definitely one of my top reads so far and I can’t wait to read the prequel Family of Liars, by E. Lockheart. My favorite character is Johnny because he can be funny but also serious when he really needs to be “I was just a stupid ****. But not mad. Never mad. I’m sorry, Cadence.” This quote shows that he is being serious even though his character is funny and easy going. My favorite quote from We Were Liars is “Do not accept an evil you can change.” I love this quote because it means that of you do not like something and be you want to change it then you should not just accept it and instead do something about it. I agree with this quote and I think it is a good message to live by and that is why it id my favorite quote.